Monday, December 21, 2009

Swan st bridge

According to a work colleague, the bloke driving her back to work last week after a meeting, came over the Swan st bridge in the right lane. When he merged into the left lane, he was subsequently pulled over when through the intersection and fined. There is a solid white line over the bridge.

Good I say. I hate being one of the sheep in the left lane the whole way, sometimes in 10 minutes of traffic (might not seem a long time, but when you are just sitting there, it's an absolute age) and have people constantly push in to the left lane ahead of you and through the green light, leaving you to stop at the red light behind them. Ugh.

Don't know how often police are sitting and watching, but to me, it's not worth the fine to try and push in. I'm going to stick in the left lane and avoid the fine.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I agree; rudeness to push in like that.

And please thank your colleague's friend for subsidising my car rego by paying that optional tax.

Cazzie!!! said...

How many times have I sen this done in and around Melbourne? I drive through Foostray and then through Nth Melb to get to work and I see countless people doind turns and U bolts across an unbroken line.
I agree with Daniel too there btw.