Monday, November 30, 2009

Vega

I listen to Vega, especially the brekkie show. it was Dicko, Dave and Chrissy, but Chrissy has just been sacked, so as of this morning, it's just Dicko and Dave.

I think they've lost more by losing her than what they have gained by her sacking. I know the story went out that it was due to the fact that the station was losing money, but the show was missing that female touch this morn and I think that may be more of a loss than they expected.

Only this week to go before they finish up, so I'll keep listening. Then I'll listen to the pod more often. Maybe I'll take up my brother's suggestion of listening to podcasts. Or talking books.

We'll see.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Podcasts are great Raelene. Saved my sanity when cricket is on the radio.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy is gone? Really? Damn. I adore Chrissy.

I really, really dig podcasts like nobodys business. Are these word verifications totally random? I absolutely positively swear it says "podstis" down there. Like some sort of warning not to share podcasts unprotected...

Ren said...

They sacked Chrissy?! She was awesome. *sigh* I don't get these radios... or TV anymore. No one gives anything a chance... mind you, Chrissy had been on for ages, but there was a reason for it. She was good.

Anonymous said...

I believe Vega has been a major disappointment since it launched in Melbourne. They started off as the thinking person's commercial radio station - a sort of upmarket commercial ABC Radio for people who hate the same ol' commercial radio stuff.

Shaun Micallef, Denise Scott and Beverley O'Connor were great when they launched in 2005. Unfortunately it's been downhill since then and they now just conform to the basic format that everyone else does.

Nice blog Raelene. Thanks for letting me get on my soapbox.